APPLICATION DEADLINE: JANUARY 13, 2023
The 8th annual Bergmeyer Scholarship recognizes and supports leadership potential in interior design, industrial design, architecture, and graphic design through a $1,500 scholarship* and an opportunity to take part in an immersive in-person learning and mentorship experience with some of the industry’s top designers at Bergmeyer.
Creative. Connected. Curious. Bergmeyer is a Design Collaborative; inspired through partnership, thoughtfully creative, inherently curious, and driven to fulfill their client's needs. They design for their clients’ clients, the people whose lives and experiences are enhanced by their work, by focusing on understanding the end-user while delivering on each client's vision and return on investment.
Services include Architecture, Interior Design, Branding, Graphic Design, and Strategy. Visual Merchandising, Program Management, Sustainability Consulting, Placemaking, and Event Design + Activation. Markets include Retail, Restaurant, Workplace, Commercial, Multi-Family Residential, Academic, Cultural, Hospitality, Healthcare, and Pop-Up + Temporary Experiences. (www.bergmeyer.com)
- Student must be enrolled in a 2 or 4-year program working toward a degree in interior design, industrial design, graphic design, or architecture with an interest in pursuing a career in the design of retail, restaurant, or hospitality environments.
- Student must have a cumulative GPA of 3.0 or better.
- Student must be a full-time student enrolled in at least 12 credit hours.
- Student must be a citizen of the United States or Canada.
The following items must be included in your application for your request to be considered:
- Letter of Explanation (Max. 600 words): Essays should address both of the below topics for consideration by the PAVE Scholarship Committee.
What brands or experiences do you gravitate to, and why? (Consider the physical and digital dimensions of the engagement.)
What brands and experiences do you think are ripe for reinvention? Why? What would you do to improve them?
- Project Folio (6 pages minimum)
Describe 1-3 projects maximum, in the retail, restaurant, or hospitality-related markets (student based or professional) that you’ve worked on and that you are proud of (include supporting text and visuals and process work in addition to the finished product).
- One written letter of reference. Can be a professor, faculty member, or an employer (including internship supervisors). References CANNOT be friends or family members.
- Must include a copy of your current transcript (official or unofficial).
- Applications and supporting documents must be submitted through Submittable.
- All applications must be received by Friday, January 13, 2023, at 11:59 pm Eastern to be considered.